Oct 19, 2004

Truth and consequences

"The truth will set you free" somebody said that. I wonder who and why, for the true has never set anybody free, the fact is that “the truth” could cost you your freedom. If ever you feel the need to confess, without due prompting from the cops, your spouse or the boss (“due prompting” in this case could be defined as the threat of drastic consequences) remember the problems you will create might be more than the one (not ones) that you solve. The primary aim of a confessional is selfish, you want to purge your soul of guilt (Imagine how free you would be from your wife after you confess you wished you had married her sister). Now that we have covered the reason Bush cannot or will not admit to the problems In Iraq. I find it strange that everyday the polls have Bush up by 7 points and the next day tied with Kerry. Either they are polling Republicans on the days in-between or something else is making 5% of the electorate flip-flop every other day. Day one, welcome to my daily blog. Like most things American it would flow freely but not be free. Since I started watching politicians actively , I find I have picked up a few important survival habits, my boss asked me for a report the other day, I had not written the report but I promptly blamed the guy that had the job before me for not writing a prior report while he worked here and informed my boss that if he was thinking of hiring a new guy that he should consider that statistics show that new guys aren’t any good at report writing either. I have also learned that the most important part of your job is the “job interview” because if you don’t promise enough and fail to get the job, how will you then get the opportunity to break those promises? Remember, Regardless of the size of the holes in your resume, it is important to always point out the reason why hiring someone else would be a big mistake. That’s it for today, catch you on the next page.

No comments: