Nov 18, 2010

Understanding Bose..

Bose: What are you looking at?

Jide: You na!

Bose: And why is that?

Jide: Because I like you na!

Bose: "Like ko', like ni". You this useless boy, won’t you go and find you level?

Jide: Please i am Sorry, I go mind business from now on.


Five Minutes Later
Amaka walks in and sits on the other side of Jide. He promptly starts staring in her direction.

Amaka: Jide, what is it?

Jide: You look so lovely this morning. I would love to take you out to lunch later.

Bose, jumps into the conversation: You this useless boy, now you want to take her out to lunch, five minutes ago you liked me.

Amaka: Jide, is this true?

Jide: You know, there is no pleasing you Bose. She said she does not want, yet she won’t let anyone esle take. Maybe it is because I did not ask her out to lunch.

Bose: Even if you asked me, I will not go with the likes of you.

Jide: Ok then, in that case please stop burning my cable. You do not want to be buried with the dead body yet you keep throwing yourself on the coffin.

Amaka giggling: Jide, ha, you are too funny.

Bose hisses turns, faces the other direction: Of course you will think he is “too funny” Ashewo.
Amaka: Eh? What did you just call me?
Bose: You heard me, “Ashewo”, “follow follow” “anything goes” “open yansh policy”, take your pick.

Amaka, gets up furiously, begins to tie her scarf around her waist: “Chineke kpo gi oku” "Amaze Oha finish your life", look at this worthless person calling me names? Can you believe the guts? She asks no one in particular.

Amaka: Listen to me very carefully. If you do not want me to expose you here & now, you better apologize or do you think everybody does not know you are an illegitimate child?

There was an audible gasp in the classroom, then a stunned silence. Bose’s eyes begin to well up, she gets up slowly…

Bose: What.., what did you just say? stammerring.

Amaka: YOU ARE A BASTARD, abi you no know? I can educate you.

Jide: Omo, this thing has gotten out of hand very quickly oh.

Gbenga: What did you say? I think sey you be master toaster? Do you see what you have caused?

Jibe: Gbenga this is all my fault, I have learned a valuable lesson here today.

Gbenga: And what lesson is that? He asks sarcastically.

Jibe: Never hit on Bose first. he says matter of factly.

Gbenga, incredulous: You are still talking about hitting on people, what type of animal are you?

Jide: What do you mean animal? If Bose had not cupped an attitude none of this would have happened.

Jide: Amaka, what time should I come get you for the lunch?

No comments: